I decided to make a new category, Christmas Gifts from the Kitchen. I first made this nut brittle for the state fair several years ago and won 1st place for it! It is so easy to make that you will never make traditional peanut brittle ever again!! 🙂
Microwave Nut Brittle:
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup light corn syrup
1/8 tsp. salt
1-1/2 cups roasted peanuts, or mixed nuts
1 tsp. unsalted butter
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 tsp. baking soda
1. Spray cookies sheet and metal spatula with cooking spray.
2. In a 2-quart microwavable glass measuring cup or bowl, stir sugar, corn syrup, and salt with a wooden spoon until well mixed.
3. Microwave on High (100%) 7-8 minutes or until syrup is pale yellow. (Candy syrup is very hot. Handle carefully; do not touch hot mixture.) Stir in nuts.
4. Microwave on High 1-2 minutes or until nuts are lightly browned stir in butter, vanilla, and baking soda until foamy.
5. Quickly pour onto cookie sheet; spread evenly with spatula. Cool; break into pieces. Store in tightly covered container.
This makes a great Christmas present for the peanut brittle lover in you life!!
I have 7 cakes to make this month, I know it’s a lot!! LOL!! Well they are all for the mission. I am baking the Birthday cake the week before Thanksgiving, then making 6 sheet cakes for the Thanksgiving Dinner the day before Thanksgiving! It’s a huge event every year. The lady in charge of getting all the deserts said they are looking at getting 3,000 servings of dessert! WOW!! I said we at Angel Cakes will help, but I know we can’t reach that many servings! Maybe someday we will!! Every other cake was already taken before I had much of a chance to ask for any others, except for the 2 cakes I couldn’t make last week. Being sick was crappy, we couldn’t make it to Life Group tonight either. There are a few cakes left, but with all the mission cakes, I know Ray would not be happy with me if I took anymore. 7 sheet cakes is a lot as it is! They will all be 11×18 sheet cakes, that take 3 cake mixes per cake, and that is a lot of cake!!
Well until next time!!